Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pictures from Home

In July of 2013, I wrote a post called "The Faces I Have Come to Love". While I was visiting Kireka Home, I took as many pictures as I could of the kids. Some of the kids look very similar and some have grown so much it is hard to recognize them! If you look at the the post from 2013, I tried to put pictures in the same order. If the child is not mentioned, they are no longer staying there. I also tried to link as many kids as I could to their original stories that I posted. I hope you enjoy catching up with some of the kids!

THE FACES EVERYONE KNOWS AND LOVES
Daglous
Emily

Hope
Christine
Desire
Ethero
Sunna
Tobias - This is an old picture of me doing therapy with Tobias. I found out that shortly after I left this little boy passed away. He is a clear picture of what happens when people do not understand how to treat a child with special needs. I am so thankful that someone found him and brought him to Kireka Home where he was well cared for and loved. 
Esther (more pictures of Esther)
Jonathan
Lucky
Jeremiah

Ronald
Nussels
Teddy
Patricia
Small Suzan
Shimri (Shimri post two)
Bridget
Komba
Cyrus- It was so sweet... initially he did not remember me. However,  the longer I hung around the more he warmed up to me. By the time I left, he was treating me just as he use to. I think he remembered that I was someone who loved him, cared for him, and was gentle around him. He is often chased away because he has severe behavioral issues and can become aggressive. He is one that I left a small boy, and came back and found him to be a very strong young man!

A NEW FACE
Meet Elizabeth - This is Esther's little sister. Crazy enough she is the same age Esther was when I moved to Kireka Home

JUST A FEW MORE

Of course when you take a picture, everyone wants to be in it!
Amy and I with Esther
The teachers loved having Amy come
It was wonderful to see this group of women again. They work tirelessly to serve the children with special needs in Uganda!
Saying goodbye to the teacher's kids in 2013
Saying good bye to the teacher's kids in 2015

Well, I think that officially closes the door on my time in Uganda.... for now. Thank you all for being on this journey with me, supporting me, and for those of you that faithfully read my blog! Serving in Uganda was the most memorable year of my life. It was a year where God grew me, stretched me, and challenged me in ways I could never imagine. It is amazing the work God does in us when we are faithful to follow His will!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I would love to hear any comments that you have :)