Friday, August 23, 2013

Last Day of School

School for me has officially ended. I have survived working for a full academic year in a government school in Uganda. There have been a few hard days that I wanted to go home, but for the most part this has been the fastest 11+ months of my life. By God's hand I was not a complete mess as I said good bye.

Below are my last pictures of the kids:
Gift of school supplies to the school (Thanks so much Park Moms for contributing these things so long ago! And if you are wondering where the rest went, it has been being used this past year during therapy time)

The head teacher presenting the gift to the students - Suzan (You met her as Fat Suzan) is accepting for the students 

I also made peanut butter cookies for the kids that they are anxiously awaiting for - and I just love Kato's  face in this picture
Basket of gifts for all the employees at the school

I found a local organization that makes reusable shopping bags. When I first came everyone LOVED my reusable bags - so they were thrilled to have their own. It has been fun the last few days to see everyone using them!

My little friend Shimri
Ayati
Kato & Suzan made headbands for me out of local fabric called Kitange. Let me know if you want one, they made me LOTS!
This will not be the last photo of Esther, but she looked so cute. And yes it was that cold here on Tuesday morning. Ok... as my friend Bobbie says it was probably still 70 degrees, but we have become very use to the heat!
3 of my closest friends - Lukcy, Doris and Sumaya - these girls have blessed me so much. They are always willing to go above and beyond to help me at my home and to spend time with me. 
Lucky
Sumaya
Doris
Lucky and nurse Joanne
Cecelia, Esther and Ayati
The Boys: Richard, Bless, Kevin, and Kato

Shafik
I am going to miss them!! - Ethero, Komba, Bridget, Ayati, and Suzan
It has been really fun to watch Teacher Mary's love for small Suzan grow over my time here. Suzan literally lives at Teacher Mary's house these days. This past week her older girls came home from school and were trying to shoo Suzan off their veranda, the younger girls that stay at home told them that Suzan should stay because she is also a part of their family :)
Sunna- I will miss this boy making me laugh each day!
Well that is all for this week. Please continue praying as there are many more good byes to say and still lots of things to get accomplished before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I would love to hear any comments that you have :)