Friday, August 2, 2013

Prayer Requests

I apologize that this post will be quite different today... I am feeling a bit under the weather and also feeling like I have a million things to do, so taking the time on a blog this week just isn't going to happen. So instead I have a few prayer requests for you:

1) My good friend Margret (you saw pictures of her with me at the reptile village on Facebook) was in a boda boda (motorcycle) accident yesterday. Praise the Lord, she went to the hospital last night and nothing is broken, but she is in a LOT of pain.

2) I have a cold... again... the kids all have it and this time I was one of the last to get it. Pray that I have more energy soon!!

(Side note... as I write this I am in the back part of my flat... one of my students just walked up to my window in the front (where my lights are off and curtains closed) and said "Teacher Laura how are you? I am fine" without a word from me :) )

3) I am starting to feel the stress of getting ready to go home. I feel like I have a million things to do and TONS of paperwork, and all I want to be doing is hanging out with the kids.
Plus these two can make it kind of hard to get paperwork done :)
4) Pray that God will prepare Sabrina's heart as she comes to Uganda next week to take over working with the kids at Kireka Home. (Praise the Lord for her as well!!!)

5) Praise God that chicken pox has not spread! Since one kid brought chicken pox to the school only 2 others have gotten it!!!

And a bonus - Kato and Lucky made me this super cute apron yesterday with fabric from Rwanda!

Sorry to be so short but that is all this week! I am off to a fashion show at my friend Christine's fashion & design school. Have a great weekend and thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I would love to hear any comments that you have :)