Friday, June 7, 2013

The Most Random Blog EVER!

Hopefully my title warned you this would be a random post, I normally try to compile my thoughts for the week into some sort of theme to make it all come together, but this week I have none of that and the result is pure randomness.... hopefully you can follow along!!!

Some Random Quotes (and of course they have to do with skin color)
"Teacher Laura the outsides of your arms are red and the inside is white" - John (one of the teacher's sons)

I soon realized that they do not know the word tan. Yes, the outsides of my arms are tan from walking around here and the insides are significantly lighter because I am never laying out in the sun. I asked one of the teachers if she knew the word tan and she said that she learned it in mathematics along with sin and cos-sin  :) (If you are struggling it has to do with geometry and triangles)

"How do you have a black baby" - Stranger
When I came back from Germany Esther would not let me put her down, so she went on  walk with me and a student to buy bananas. A man along the way called out asking me this. I really wish I could have come up with a witty answer, but instead I just replied, "She's not mine"

With Esther

What.... the Puzzle Talks???
My Grandma sent my dad out with some puzzles for the kids and one of them talks. Christine was working on the puzzle for the first time and could not figure out where the noise was coming from. She was looking all over, looking under the table, and finally figured out it was the puzzle! Shoan also had the same problem.... he knew it was the puzzle but wanted to know where it was coming from. So he would put in a piece and then stick his ear down by the puzzle looking for the noise. When he finally figured out where the noise came from he put his ear there and over and over again kept lifting the same piece out and then putting it back in!
Christine working on the talking puzzle

The Movies
Awhile ago I found out my good friend Christine had never been to a movie theater. We decided then that before I left we would go. On Monday, it was Martyrs Day and since we had no school Christine and I headed to see the movie Oblivion. We had so much fun, and Christine was absolutely amazed at how large the screen was! For the record, we both went to the movie and had free sodas for the same cost as it would be for just me to go to a movie in Chicago!
This might be the worst picture ever - with Christine at the movie

The Battle with Mice and Cockroaches
So... as you all know this literally has been a battle for me. One day this week I moved my sticky trap to the middle of my bathroom floor because that is where I kept finding mouse droppings.... well you can see how well that ended.....

Hard to see... but that thing is stuck to my foot with my foot in the air!
Chelsea Dagger
In honor of the Blackhawks, I danced with the kids to Chelsea Dagger this week. If you live in Chicago (or Illinois) and do not know this song, you really need to start watching the Playoffs. It is killing me to not be able to watch the games when we are this far in the playoffs! LETS GO HAWKS (Yes you will continue to hear about the NHL on here until the season is over.... the first thing I do every morning is check the scores!)
"Da dada da dada da dadadada"
And just a few other pictures from the week
Since Sumaya's parents decided to buy the walker, we can now go for walks outside! She did so well!
I love these kids - Shoan, Sumaya, me, Jeremiah
Meet Kato Hussein and Andrew
(Left to Right) Kato, Andrew, Ethero
Kato and Andrew are two of the highest level boys at the school and they are both EXTREMELY helpful. These two boys do lots of work around the school and they help their fellow students constantly. They are very polite and very fun to have around! Hopefully both of them will graduate this year!

Alright, I hope all of you survived my randomness, and that it is finally getting warm back home! As always, thanks so much for your love and support!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I would love to hear any comments that you have :)